Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wow KNITKNIT

KnitKnit, Profiles + Projects from Knitting’s New Wave, a book by Sabrina Gschwandtner, is the latest addition to my knitting library. Gina showed this book to me because she understands my style and sensibility. I found this book VERY inspiring. In it I found Risto Bimbiloski who designs men’s knitwear for Louis Vuitton and his own label of knitwear for women.

I discovered his sweater, The Paris Jacket, which is based on the same idea as my origami shrug; however, he takes his to the next most perfect level. I love the simplicity of his design. I am anxious to buy the yarn he uses to try this sweater/jacket. One problem I encountered with using Noro is the matching of the stripes. As of yet, I am unable to do that, so it is a case of it is what it is.

His sweater has a very nice collar instead of ribbing all the way around. I love this treatment. Now, I am off in a new direction. Sculpture for the human is what I believe this sweater brings and this is what attracts me to this particular design.

In Anna Bell, blog name, Amelia Raitte, I find an inspiration for detail. I love what she does that is hidden in her sweaters. Her closure on the sweater, DAISY, is very beautiful. This is why I say, “God Is in the Details,” which someone else has already said.

Gina, at Mosaic, really talks and listens to her customers. I am lucky to have this shop near where I live. Thank you, Gina!

No comments: