Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cooking Shows on Pay TV

Cooking shows on pay TV have brought access to lively flavors and more developed palates. What is so funny about this is that if you take a walk down the isles of grocery stores there are more and more convenience foods. We learn how to be gourmet cooks and then marketing targets us with stir fry vegetables pre-packaged meals that all you do is throw in some sort of protein.

My idea of fun is to go to Wegman's in the DC area and check out the price of truffles. My grandchildren keep me updated on the price of truffles when I am at home. To them it is a matter of greater importance than their mother's concern over the price of oil.

I think there should be a Trader Joe's brought to every small neighborhood. Where I live it would be one of the most amazing things ever done. What will happen when it is so expensive to drive to a grocery store? Whoever figures out how to capitalize on the gasoline crisis by filling our soon to come needs will be the next Sultan of Brunei, or Bill Gates. The internet is wonderful to shop for those who live far from stores. But, hey lets face it, frozen foods for everyone? Imagine the size of truck that would take.

It is 2008, and I do not have an address. Really, I am not kidding. Lucky for me I have a PO Box. This is a problem because UPS does not ship to PO Boxes. It is 13 miles to the UPS store. The truck would never find this place because, again, I do not have an address.

Maybe we should bring back the milk man and the bakery truck and the ice cream man and make the US Postal Service accept packages from UPS?

I am tired of sending money to Iraq to build their infra-structure so they can blow it up. What about The United States of America and our infra-structure? What about all the junk we are forced to buy from China?

This is one reason why I knit. It is made by me. It is soft, not like my keyboard. But PLEEZE don't take away my high speed internet access! At least, I do have a virtual address.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its fascinating to see that everyone is giving more importance on hiring high speed internet for their personal needs. Its true that with this facility we can shop throughout the world online and no one would stop you from this. Thanks for giving such information.

Vouray said...

This country is going to shit...