Sunday, December 9, 2007

Lines In Space Branches In Trees and String and Sticks

Now on my kitchen table are the cards sitting in a perfectly straight pile, envelopes wrapping each signed card, not sold. It is funny how plans change.

Last night was the gala event in Bramwell of the Annual Home Tour. The first time in years I did not participate. I went Christmas shopping an hour away and returned to get trapped downtown in the traffic jam of people who came from all over to see the homes. What a beautiful site it was. The lights outline the homes inviting visitors to come inside. The line for tickets at our church was long. What a great place to call home.

Today, it is warm, inside and out. Today, I knit a surprise for Nadia, the granddaughter who makes me smile, a sweater of my own design. She loves Hannah Montana, so I ask myself when I design for her, what would Hannah Montana wear? My seven year old diva, that dances better than those who earn money for it, and paints better than I do, inspires me every single day. She is exactly like her mother whom I adore. Yesterday, her big sister had her tenth birthday. I called her to sing happy birthday early in the morning so she would know I didn’t forget. Now she has a digital camera, too. I wanted her to send me pictures of everything so I do not miss a thing. My grandson is taking cooking classes. He aspires to be a great chef or a rocket scientist. On his long trip to Mars, someday, he can be the gourmet cook.
Ok, it is time to get back to my funny farm and my reality.

No comments: