Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Parade in Bramwell 2007






I showed up at 9:00 am to see my students and the parade. Somehow, I made a mistake. The parade started at 11:00 am. So, I went back to my little farm for another cup of coffee and to get warm. It was 36 degrees.

Later, I drove back down this mountain which takes about 10 minutes cause it is steep gravel for about half a mile then onto a one lane road with two way traffic. I'm the one who waves from my red pick-up truck at anyone I might see and I'm the one who always backs-up over rocks and gets stuck. Today, I didn't get stuck but I did back-up for a really nice guy who has a Christmas tree farm up here and a cleaning business down below. The funny thing was that the road was blocked, down by the town, because of the parade. I got parked on this side of the river and walked across the swinging bridge which scared me. I didn't know that it really does swing.

I took pictures of everything. It was straight out of a Norman Rockwell Painting. I almost cried, seriously, because I appreciate the spirit, here. What a great place to live.


No comments: