Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just What I Needed Noro Sock Yarn

Yesterday, I made a quick trip to my favorite yarn store, Mosaic Yarn Shop, in Blacksburg, Virginia, to buy the new Noro Sock Yarn. This yarn, for me, is not for socks. I devised a new way to torment myself. Recently, I created an amazing little scarf/fiber jewelry.
At Anthropologie, a couple of years ago, I bought this cool silk scarf with little Tibetan-like flags and buttons which I dearly love. It set me to thinking about how I could make something in wool, only, that I could wear a lot. I love tiny scarves of wool around my neck in the winter because they keep me warm and do not get in my way. This design of mine is just such a thing. Soooh, I bought some Noro Sock Yarn to use for this purpose because I absolutely love to knit with Noro. When I knit Noro it reminds me of painting and when I paint it reminds me of knitting Noro. When I sleep I dream in Noro. I have always gotten a kick out of people asking if I dream in black and white or color. Only people who grew up with Black and White TELEVISION would ever think to ask that question, I believe.
Anyway, I am running my head off trying to get ready for the arrival of my darling daughter and family for Christmas, attending Christmas parties, shopping, wrapping, running to doctors and hospitals, for family business, AND THEN I BUY NORO SOCK yarn. The most terrible part is that I can not wait to try it. But, I HAVE TO.
One more thing, I do a lot of Origami, therefore, I belong to an origami list, of course, and yesterday I had planned to visit Virginia Tech to see the amazing origami exhibit. Because of my yarn fetish I ran out of time.

No comments: