Sunday, February 10, 2008

What happened next


My trip on Friday to Mosaic in Blacksburg, Virginia was amazing. I had such a great time bouncing ideas off of my friends and fellow creative spirits. I always take home way more than I bargain for, in yarn and yarns. The stories they tell! If only it were possible to do all of what I believe we could accomplish in one lifetime. The group of gals and one guy that were gathered in this colorful place could change the world. Ambition and willingness to work and play hard is catching and the rippling affect out into the world is evident. It has been a long time coming for me to find souls such as these and I appreciate their spirits.
Now, the problem came into fruition when I photographed my bounty. You see, I keep my stash inside a birdcage that I bought years ago in Santa Fe at a folk gallery. I knitted and I knitted until I used up all of my NORO. In my studio, that is declared a major disaster. The energy of the silk garden vibrates until it could fly away, right out the window. Therefore, that is the explanation for the bird cage. Well, knowing about that energy I thought that I should hurry and take a photo of the evidence. This is what happened, I placed the yarn in a pyramid shape inside of the cage and closed the door. Next thing I knew the door flew open and out came the energy stored in the balls of silk garden. I was fortunate that the camera could capture the sight of color, which is light, right? Capture it, before it was out the window.
I have been listening to Mark Twains "Huckleberry Finn" while I knit, can you tell?

1 comment:

Vouray said...

That is an amazing photo of the Noro in the birdcage! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!