Thursday, February 28, 2008

Life Is But A Dream

My friend Gina, at Mosaic , was saying that when she is very busy, like when she is trying to get Purl Jam, the knitting event taking place in June, together, with running her store and taking care of her toddler, and hosting dinners for friends and knitting until she drops over and talking to her customers, like me, she finds that time expands.
Well, I am older than she, and my experience of time might be a little different because of this or I find that I am timesick. I like to stand in line at a very busy grocery store with ten people behind me and then I write a check. I find that writing a check takes, FOREVER, an eternity. I find that the more I do in one day makes my time go by faster, and faster. I want to savor my life; every minute of everyday. So, this is why I shop. My husband just does not understand what IT is. The motive is to write a check so I can feel time.
Seriously, I never write checks, anymore, because I use a debit card, I am really miffed about debit cards.
So, I knit or paint and listen to interesting things and think about the world in which we live and wonder what I can do about anything. I compress into my time the universe and it gives me so much energy. E=MC2. So, why not click on the title and see what great thinkers have to say about this.

1 comment:

Vouray said...

I find that also the more miserable I am, the more time stands still...but I'd rather have it fly when I'm having fun.